Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
We are a financial co-operative that provides savings and loan facilities for the benefit of our members. As a co-operative, we are owned and controlled by our members, each of whom has one vote (once aged 16 or over) - regardless of how much or how little they have saved.
Our Common bond
Each credit union serves members drawn from particular area or group - this is known as a common bond. For many credit unions that common bond is the area they live in. For others the common bond might be the occupation members work in, the employer they work for or, perhaps, members are drawn from a society or association. This common bond is what enables members to know and trust one another.
Our common bond is within the Ballinderry Bridge and Loup areas.
Members of our credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We offer a wide range of financial services with a variety of discounts for members - Car/Home & Holiday Insurance through CoverUni.co.uk
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme and budget accounts
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by Standing Order or Debit Card
- Free Death Benefit Insurance
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- Nomination of your accounts - See the Savings Section for more detailed information
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy!
To be eligible for membership of Ballinderry Bridge Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
To open an account you’ll need the following;
Evidence of ID: For example a current valid Passport, Drivers License or UK Citizen Card.
Evidence of Address (dated within 3 months): For example a recent Utility Bill, Local authority Document, Official Document from a Government Body or Bank/Building Society statement